Sunday, March 31, 2013

Vs. Williston State at the Rosemount Irish Dome (March 29, 2013)

                                         R   H    E   LOB
Tetons     4 0 0 3 0 2         9   10    0     8
Jacks      0 0 0 0 1 0          1    7    2     8         

Winning pitcher: Sherrif--Losing pitcher: Bethany Colman

Coach J's comments:

Even though we lost this game I was very pleased with our performance.  Williston State is a very good D2 team and we held our own.  We hit the ball pretty well but left too many runners on base.  Defensively we made a number of good plays.  Bethany had to come out in the first inning because of illness and that hurt us, both offensively and defensively.  Danielle Gibson came in after the first inning and pitched a very solid game.  I thought her control and changing of speeds was excellent.  Dariann Freer and Jess Carson held us at the plate with two hits a piece.  Also contributing hits were Jess Howard, Danielle, Bethany, Amanda Schmidt, and Amber Gabel.  Jess C drove in our run.  If we can continue to compete against the D2 colleges like today I will be very pleased.